
Hello Family and Friends,
Our last update was on February 3 and on February 9th Kaia started walking. It was a fun realization for her that she really could walk on her own and no one had to coax her to do so. Kaia loves to bring you books to read to her or toys to open and play with her. She is a very social little girl and loves to be with people. She will not be in a room by herself for very long. She got her third tooth (the first one on the top) just after her first birthday. So now she has a beautiful 3 tooth smile. We celebrated her birthday 3 times this year. We were in Utah just before her birthday so we celebrated with the Ashton's, the Ossmen's, and at home on her real birthday. At home in Texas for her birthday we had miniature ice cream cones which both of the girls loved and ate every last drop of. Today Kaia is starting to run or at least walk a lot faster. She loves to explore and especially loves her Mommy. We have been having some easter egg hunts around our home the last few days and Kaia loves to put the eggs in her bucket.

Alina loves princesses! Her favorites are Cinderella and Little Mermaid. She is always repeating herself about how the stepsisters tore Cinderella's dress apart and her beads broke, but then the fairy Godmother comes and says Bibiddy bobiddy boo and then Cinderella has a beautiful gown on and glass slippers. She knows all about the princesses and sometimes Matt and I don't want to answer anymore questions about them because we have answered them a million times that day already. I made the girls dancing skirts and Alina loves hers because it is blue like Cinderella's beautiful dress. Alina wears her dancing skirt almost every day. She loves to dress up and be beautiful.
One day (march 26th) I let Alina take the scissors and cut some paper. She has always been really good about only cutting paper so I wasn't worried about her. I left and did some things in the office then went back out to check on her. I said, "Alina how are you doing?" to which she replied, "Mom, I'm getting a hair cut." I saw this little pile of curls sitting on her table. I took the scissors away and told her that we don't cut hair with scissors we only cut paper. She cried because she knew she did something wrong and because I caught her in the act of doing something wrong. What a day!
Our last update was on February 3 and on February 9th Kaia started walking. It was a fun realization for her that she really could walk on her own and no one had to coax her to do so. Kaia loves to bring you books to read to her or toys to open and play with her. She is a very social little girl and loves to be with people. She will not be in a room by herself for very long. She got her third tooth (the first one on the top) just after her first birthday. So now she has a beautiful 3 tooth smile. We celebrated her birthday 3 times this year. We were in Utah just before her birthday so we celebrated with the Ashton's, the Ossmen's, and at home on her real birthday. At home in Texas for her birthday we had miniature ice cream cones which both of the girls loved and ate every last drop of. Today Kaia is starting to run or at least walk a lot faster. She loves to explore and especially loves her Mommy. We have been having some easter egg hunts around our home the last few days and Kaia loves to put the eggs in her bucket.

Alina loves princesses! Her favorites are Cinderella and Little Mermaid. She is always repeating herself about how the stepsisters tore Cinderella's dress apart and her beads broke, but then the fairy Godmother comes and says Bibiddy bobiddy boo and then Cinderella has a beautiful gown on and glass slippers. She knows all about the princesses and sometimes Matt and I don't want to answer anymore questions about them because we have answered them a million times that day already. I made the girls dancing skirts and Alina loves hers because it is blue like Cinderella's beautiful dress. Alina wears her dancing skirt almost every day. She loves to dress up and be beautiful.
One day (march 26th) I let Alina take the scissors and cut some paper. She has always been really good about only cutting paper so I wasn't worried about her. I left and did some things in the office then went back out to check on her. I said, "Alina how are you doing?" to which she replied, "Mom, I'm getting a hair cut." I saw this little pile of curls sitting on her table. I took the scissors away and told her that we don't cut hair with scissors we only cut paper. She cried because she knew she did something wrong and because I caught her in the act of doing something wrong. What a day!
So today (April 5, 2007) Alina had her first real hair cut. I cut her hair to make it more even all around. She did fabulous during the haircut and was asking me questions. She kept asking me if I was cutting off her beautiful curls. I said, "yes, but they will grow back." When we were done and she looked in the mirror she started crying and saying, "Mom you cut off my curls, you cut off my beautiful curls." So Alina has shoulder length hair and it looks a lot shorter than before.
Alina also loves to sing (still) she is starting to sing like Ariel from little Mermaid and it makes me laugh. And she loves her daddy. She always tells Daddy that he is her best friend. Mom and Kaia are friends and Alina and Dad are friends. Mom can't be friends with Alina.
In other news we went back to Utah in March for the weddings of Rosey and Ryan and Doug and Andrea's weddings. They we both beautiful and lovely. All of the little girls we in pink dresses at Rosey's reception and they are so cute dancing together and playing. We had such a wonderful time attending the sealings and receptions of both of these wonderful couples. Our highlights we the sealings (of course) and bowling with the family. We love our family so much and are grateful for all their love and support.
We have had some exciting weather these last few weeks in March. There has been a few tornado watches and some heavy rain. The thunder and lightening storms are amazing. It really sounds like the thunder is right above your house it is so loud. On one Sunday after Sacrament Meeting our bishop asked us to go down stairs and take cover. There had been a few tornados spotted in the area of Lubbock. All in all I think there were 67 tornados reported from that storm (throughout the course of it). We have been amazed by the weather here. We thought Utah weather we very strange and you didn't know what to expect – well here in Texas it is a lot different.

Matt and I are doing well. We are trying to make it through the next few weeks as this semester draws to a close. The last few nights I haven't picked Matt up till about 8 pm and He told me to get used to it for the next little while. Oh, the joys of Graduate school.
We love you all and hope that you have a very fun and enjoyable Easter. We are grateful for our Savior and love Him. We know He loves us and that He lives!
lovies,
matt, april, alina, & kaia
1 comment:
You guys are such a cute family leading very busy lives. We love you tons!
Post a Comment