Alright here is the update from Texas. Most of you know that we are living in Lubbock, Texas going to gratuate school here at Texas Tech. Matt is studying Counseling Psychology. He is really enjoying the program and those that he gets to work with daily. He just decided what his 2nd year project is going to be - How personal growth initiative moderates the effects of self and exploratory stress in college students. I don't get it, but he does so that is what counts. I'm sure I will understand more as the project gets underway.I am trying to make everyone happy in our household. Alina and I d
o letters once a day and she is learning them very quickly. She loves to point out letters as we are driving around town. I am also trying to have new activities and exciting things to do for my kids throughout the day. My friends Becca and I are making little pink dresses for Matt's sisters wedding in March. I think they will turn out really fun. Her idea is to have all of the little girls be pink princesses. So you can just imagine what these dresses look like - especially with 10 of them. I am also involved with two book groups. One of them is a childrens literature group and one more on an adult level. For the childrens group we read juvenille fiction books and then have a picture book theme. This month we are reading "Trumpet of the Swan"by E.B. White (who also wrote Charlotte's Web) and the picture book theme is Holiday Books. I am in charge of the Holiday books this month and have found some fantastic childrens books. The older book is John Adams biography by David McCullough. I have been very intesting to read (or rather listen to). Other than that we have a playgroup during the week and a preschool on Fridays. We love to get together with the other 2 year olds in our ward.Matt and I spoke 2 weeks ago in Church about Keeping Faith and keeping Covenants. I thought they went really well. We were actually scheduled to speak on the 14 of January but church was cancelled due to an ice storm. It was probably the weirdest sunday that we have had for a long time. We didn't know wh
at to do all day without 3 hours scheduled. So we spoke on the 21 of January and then as soon as church was over Matt was asked to speak with a High Councilor the following week. So we have had our fill of speaking. We are also nursery leaders in our ward. We have the young nursery and there are two more. In January 2008 we will have 19 sunbeams in our ward. It is really crazy - the funny part is maybe one or two of those will move out and the rest will be sunbeams in this ward. FUN!!!Okay so now the part you have all been waiting for - THE GIRLS! What have they been up to and what are their new tricks.
Alina - has been singing song. She sings all day long, some the she knows and some that are made up. Right now her favorites are I am a Child of God, and I am like a star - sometimes the words end up being mixed togther. She also loves hinges. For Christmas she received a children's song book and we will sit at the piano for
hours (it feels like some days) and she will turn to a page in her book and then ask me to find it in my book and then we sing. Mostly she sings the songs with pictures on them. She also loves to color. We spend the other hours of the day coloring and doing other artsy things. She loves to water color, color with crayons, and colored pencils. She also loves walking Kaia around the house. Alina is a joy to be around and full of funny phrases. She surprises us with her memory. We got a book from the library in November about simon says - there were circus animals in it and simon was an elephant. Well, the other night I was trying the get her pj's on without too big of a fuss and I said simon says take off your shoes. She looked at me and said, "Simon is the elephant Mom" I was amazed that she remember it. She also loves her imaginary spider and shark - they are great motivators when it comes to going to the bathroom or eating the rest of her dinner.Kaia - loves life. She loves to wave at you if you say Hi. She also says, "Uh, oh" She recently learned how to drink out of a straw which we all love - especially her. She also is pretty close to walking. The other day she took 14 steps down our hallway to come see me in the bathroom getting ready. She loves her sister. Kaia signs milk, more, drink, eat, sister, and sometimes if you catch her just right she signs dad. We were finally able to get Kaia's hair in two piggies - which we love. It makes her look like a little girl and not a baby. She loves to give you (or Mom) wet legs when I am doing the dishes or fixing dinner. She claps whenever you say Yeah, and she loves to give you real kisses. She also blows kisses and that is fun too.
So now you all know what keeps me busy and laughing all day long. Matt and I had a fun date last week. We decided to come up with five words that describe our marriage. We had a lot of fun coming up with words that fit us. I challenge all of you to do this - it can be a really fun part of a date night.
It is so good to hear from all of you who have responded to this already! I hope that some of what you have read has informed you about our life here in Lubbock. Enjoy the picture too!
Love,
matt, april, alina, kaia
No comments:
Post a Comment