Hi everybody! I love this blogging idea! We love to hear what's going on with all of you, we don't get much news being so far away.
What's going on in our world...let's see...Remell and I bought 10 acres and are building a house. The process is not going well at all thanks to this awful weather. We've been working on this project for 3 months now and only the road is in and the pad site done. Every time the concrete guy comes to do the foundation it rains or snows. Then we have to wait for it to dry up enough to try again. This has been going on since November! UGH! The original plan was to be moved in by March but it looks like that isn't going to happen.
The daycare is going well and is packed to the rafters. We are looking for ways to expand again. We are currently licensed for 125 and are having to turn business away. (I hate to do that!) For those of you that don't know, I started another company last year and have been having a really good time building it. We do Family, Civil and Commercial Mediation and recently we became involved in doing Mock Trials, Trial consulting and Shadow Juries. It has been really interesting and a lot of fun. We recently did some work for the Railroad that could result in our doing business on a National level and that really excited me! Between that, the house project, the kids and everything else we have been extremely busy.
Mitch is doing well, he's working on cars for a living and likes the work but not the pay. He was recently offered the opportunity to go back to school at the University of Texas Pan American on a Cheer Scholorship. The tryouts are in April so he's working on getting back in shape and I think it's a good opportunity for him. He'd like to do something with electronics as he is very talented and loves to figure out how that stuff works. I will confess though it's all quite over my head.
Amia is doing well also. It looks like she is going to graduate early and she's very excited about it. At the end of this year she will only be lacking 2 credits to graduate. She could take a summer class and just be done with it but I think she is going to opt for taking 1 class first semester next year. She will only have to go for an hour in the morning and then she can take some college basic classes in the afternoon. She is looking at some Art Schools and Some Fashion and Design Colleges in Tennessee and one in Washington. I think she is determined to go away for college (sniff!). Connie, didn't you do something in fashion? Perhaps you could give her some advise on what to expect if she chooses that as a career. Frankly I don't have a clue. Where she got the artsy side to her I have no idea because it didn't come from me. I can't draw stick figures. I swam past that gene in the pool.
Jordan is in 6th grade now and just turned 12. She's turning into a beautiful girl but thankfully she has no idea. She is playing the clarinet in band at school and is really getting good at it. We had to twist her arm to do it but she is really enjoying it now. She made 3rd chair out of about 60 clarinet students. She likes to do stuff with her friends and Amia. Amia is determined to be a cool big sister and takes the time to do fun things with just Jordan and her. I really appreciate that about her. Jordan is doing well in school and is just a pleasure to be around.
Gaby is still comming down every two weeks or so. She is getting so big! She just turned 3 in November and is (I'm not kidding) the female reincarnation of Mitch. She is incredibly smart and her parents are in for a world of trouble with her! She spends a lot more time at Mitchell's when she's here now so I kindof have withdrawls even when she's here. I love that little girl to pieces and dread when she goes to school and we wont be able to see her as much. I'm not sure how we will be working that out but I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.
Remell is great. He's looking forward to warmer weather so he can race his Mustang. He bought a 06' GT and has been working on it since he got it. Right now it's the fasted stock Mustang at the track. After he bought it some friends of ours at the daycare bought one and now they have a little rivalry going on. Every week at the track it's a showdown to see who did what and who's is faster that week. It's really pretty funny. He has plans for more improvements and can't wait until the house is done so he can set up his shop. We have plans for a seperate garage and shop on the property and I think he would be happy to see that go up first! (who cares if the house is done as long as he has a place to work on his car! lol)
Can't wait to hear from all of you to see what everyone is doing. Love to all....
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow, you guys are busy! But you sound like a normal family, doing what families do. It is awesome to hear about a family we care deeply for.
Yes Brenda, many many years ago I took several classes in Fashion merchandising. Many things have changed since then with the advent of computers and the internet. I'm sure that what little I could share with Amia would be very outdated. Amia is an incredably motivated and talented girl. She will do great in that industry if she puts her mind to it.
It was great to hear from ya'll down in the south. Busy, Busy, Busy.
Post a Comment